- Hormone imbalances….such as thyroid, adrenal, menopause, etc.
- Genetic predisposition
- Environmental factors.
- Winter weather for some.
- Insomnia/sleep deprivation
- Struggling relationships
- Vitamin deficiencies
- Loss of a loved one
- Loss of a job
I’m sure there are other areas I haven’t mentioned.
First off let me just say if this is you….you are not alone.
I’ve struggled with depression too from time to time. Mostly mine has been hormonal but some situational as well. There is nothing to be ashamed of.
One of my favorite verses is Romans 5:8
My friend, God loves you at your darkest.
He loves you even when you feel unlovable.
He loves you in your guilt and shame.
He loves you in your addiction.
He loves you in the pit.
Even better if you invite Him, he will come down to the pit and raise you up out there, Amen!!
God just loves you the way you are, even in your broken mess.
You don’t have to get all cleaned up to come to Him. You simply come as you are sweet friend!
Praise and worship is so incredibly powerful and it is our weapon that can break chains that bind us, bring healing, deliverance, and restoration to our lives and loved ones. It can opens doors, and it can cause the enemy to scatter in Jesus name! Hallelujah 🙌🏻
The Word says “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through to the pulling down of strong holds”– 2 Corinthians 10:4
So we have to fight in the invisible realm. Worship and prayer does just that!
I love my worship! Worship changes everything, including the atmosphere.
Man this song Even Louder is one of my new favorites. “The bigger depression hits, the louder my praise gets” Just that one line gets you fired up!
When your in the pits of despair, worship Even Louder.
Get your praise on! Talk back to the devil. Speak the Word.
Praise precedes the victory my friends!
PRAISE HIM IN ALL THINGS! https://nikhop320.wordpress.com/2018/11/11/praise-him-in-all-things/amp/
You can’t wait till all your circumstances are better. No! You gotta praise Him right now…in the storm.
The devil will stop at nothing to destroy and defeat you but you and I already know how the story ends….HaHa! The devil IS DEFEATED AND he IS A LIAR!
Worship pulls down Heaven to earth.
Psalm 22:3 “God inhabits the praises of his people.”
When we learn to praise and worship God in the storm, breakthroughs come, strength comes, and JOY COMES!
We do not have to live defeated lives while we are here in earth. We can get up every morning and CHOOSE to live a victorious life. Let me just say that praise and worship is one of the most powerful weapon God has given us against the devil.
When we pray and worship the devil and all his demons tremble. Don’t you love that?!?! You have the power to make the devil tremble!
Confessions From Joyce Meyer
1. I love all people, and I am loved by all people.
2. I prosper in everything I put my hand to. I have prosperity in all areas of my life – spiritually, financially, mentally, and socially.
3. My children have lots of Christian friends, and God has set aside a Christian wife or husband for each of them.
4. All my household are blessed in their deeds: we’re blessed when we come in and when we go out.
5. I take good care of my body. I eat right, I look good, I feel good, and I weigh what God wants me to weigh.
6. I operate in all the gifts of the Holy Spirit, which are tongues and interpretation of tongues, the working of miracles, discerning of spirits, the word of faith, the word of knowledge, the word of wisdom, healings, and prophecy.
7. I know God’s voice, and I always obey what He tells me.
8. The love of God has been shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost.
9. I do all my work excellently and with great prudence – making the most of all of my time.
10. I am creative because the Holy Spirit lives in me.
11. I love to pray. I love to praise and worship God.
12. I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress. I will speak forth the righteousness of God all the day long.
13. I have humbled myself, and God has exalted me.
14. I am a giver. It is more blessed to give than to receive. I love to give! I have plenty of money to give away all the time.
15. I cast all my care on the Lord for He cares for me.
16. I don’t give the devil a foothold in my life. I resist the devil, and he has to flee from me.
17. I don’t have a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind.
18. I am not afraid of the faces of man. I am not afraid of the anger of man.
19. I am a new creature in Christ: old things have passed away, behold, all things are new.
20. I have died and have been raised with Christ and am now seated in heavenly places.
21. I am dead to sin and alive unto righteousness.
22. I am a doer of the Word. I meditate on the Word all the day long.
23. I am not passive about anything, but I deal with all things in my life immediately.
24. I do not judge my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus after the flesh. I am a spiritual man and am judged by no one.
25. I take every thought captive unto the obedience of Jesus Christ, casting down every imagination, and every high and lofty thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.
26. I am a responsible person. I enjoy responsibility, and I rise to every responsibility in Jesus.
27. I have been set free. I am free to love, to worship, to trust with no fear of rejection or of being hurt.
28. I have compassion and understanding for all people.
29. I catch the devil in all of his deceitful lies. I cast them down and choose rather to believe the Word of God.
30. I am anointed of God for ministry. Hallelujah!
31. Work is good. I enjoy work. Glory!
32. I have a teachable spirit.
33. I do not think more highly of myself than I ought to in the flesh.
34. Pain cannot successfully come against my body because Jesus bore all my pain.
35. I am a teacher of the Word.
36. I lay hands on the sick, and they recover.
37. I do what I say I will do, and I get where I am going on time.
38. I don’t hurry and rush; I do one thing at a time.
39. God opens my mouth, and no man can shut it. God shuts my mouth, and no man can open it.
40. The law of kindness is in my tongue. Gentleness is in my touch. Mercy and compassion is in my hearing.
41. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he; therefore, all of my thoughts are positive.
42. I do not allow the devil to use my spirit as a garbage dump by meditating on negative things that he offers me.
43. I am a believer not a doubter.
44. No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper, but every tongue that rises against me in judgment, I shall show to be in the wrong.
45. I am slow to speak, quick to hear, and slow to anger.
46. I cast out devils and demons; nothing deadly can hurt me.
47. I never bind a sister or brother with the words of my mouth.
48. I am always a positive encouragement. I edify and build up; I never tear down or destroy.
49. I will cry to God Most High Who performs on my behalf and rewards me.
50. My son (name) has a sweet personality, and he is not rebellious.
51. I don’t speak negative things.
52. My children love to pray and study the Word. They openly and boldly praise God.
53. My children make right choices according to the Word of God.
54. I am an obedient wife, and no rebellion operates in me.
55. My husband is wise. He is the king and priest of our home. He makes Godly decisions.
56. I use my time wisely. All of my prayer and study time is wisely spent.
57. I walk in the spirit all of the time.
58. All that I own is paid for. I owe no man anything except to love him in Christ.
59. I love to bless people and spread the Gospel.
60. I am an intercessor.
61. I receive speaking engagements in person, by phone, and/or by mail every day.
62. My daughter (name) operates in Godly wisdom and discipline, and she is full of energy.
63. I never get tired or grow weary when I study the Word, pray, minister, or praise God; but I am alert and full of energy. And as I study, I become more alert and more energized.
64. I will study the Word of God. I will pray.
65. I do not hate or walk in unforgiveness.
66. I do not fear. I am not guilty.
Sword Of The Spirit:
Psalm 30:11 “You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,”
Deuteronomy 31:8 “It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
Psalm 3:3 “But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.”
Isaiah 40:31 “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.”
Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through him who strengthens me.”
John 16:33 “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
Psalm 143:7-8 “Answer me quickly, O Lord! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit. Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.”
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
Father right now we come against that spirit of depression. We declare you have no hold on us. We command you to leave and we send you back to the fiery pits of hell where you came from! You have NO place here! Gods Word says “he inhabits the praises of his people” and we are Your people. You are close to the brokenhearted. We can take comfort in knowing when we are lost, You have found us. When we feel alone and abandoned, Your Word says You will never leave us nor forsake us. When we feel desperate like we can’t go on one more minute, You give strength to weary. Increase our heart of praise and worship. Help us to worship You in the midst of the storm. Bring those along side of us to lift our arms when we can’t. Thank you for loving us, give us peace, comfort and strength to endure our trials in Jesus name, Amen!
Have a blessed and wonderful day!