For 2-3 months I have been struggling with duh duh duhhh “The scale” Isn’t that worst???
I love these pictures:
Just makes me laugh, LOL!! But I’ll say for me there is some truth in it.
See weight has been a struggle for me off and on, especially with the health issues I have. I have Hashimotos thyroid disease, adrenal insufficiency (they don’t make enough cortisol) and growth hormone deficiency (my pituitary doesn’t produce enough) “Well isn’t that special?” Insert humor, LOL. Sometimes you just have to laugh because all you want to do is cry.
See sometimes no matter what I do, eat right, exercise, do all the right things and the scale doesn’t budge, and sometimes it even goes up! Like seriously overnight I can gain 5-10 lbs. I can usually tell when my thyroid or adrenals are off but it doesn’t make me feel any better when I step on the scale.
It can be incredibly discouraging.
Sometimes people gain weight because they are not eating properly, or over eating but there are also times when it’s health issues and you can’t control it and it may take time to fix. My thyroid has a mind of its own, lol. Have you had this struggle or something like it? How has it affected you? I’ll be honest sometimes I get angry and it is very difficult but I’m learning God loves me regardless of what the scale says, and He loves you too. The number on the scale or your size doesn’t define you. God calls you beautiful, you are the apple of His eye, He says you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Some strategies that might help are:
1. Keep my eyes focused on Jesus, and not the scale or a size. This goes for any problem we might have.
2. Keep doing the next right thing. Just keep on exercising and eating healthy. Don’t give up just because you “temporarily” don’t see progress. This is where perseverance comes in. The enemy wants us to give in and go back to our old ways. So DON’T GIVE UP!!! “Old things have passed away, ALL THINGS, NOT SOME ALL things have become new.
3. Pray, pray, pray, AND PRAY SOME MORE! Call those things that be not as tho they are.
4. Don’t be led by your emotions. They are so fickle. We must learn to be consistent and stable.
5. Know upfront there will be setbacks, but your setback is a set up for your comeback. Press on, and never give up!
Discouragement will come, we can’t stop it but getting in the Word will help you to get through those times. You can do ALL things thru Christ who strengthens me.
But you might still be thinking “Nicole, you don’t understand, I hate my stomach it’s too flabby” but let me just say that stomach you hate also gave you your beautiful children, so in reality it’s not so bad. But you say “My arms are fat and flabby ” Well your arms hold your loved ones every day, they help you get groceries that you need and put them away. Your arms are beautiful and strong and help you do what you need to do. Then you might say “I hate my legs they’re full of dimples.” Well your legs are strong and beautiful and help you walk around and do what you need to do to get through your day. You’re able to go on a walk to the park or around the neighborhood, walk your dog, or bend down to pick something up. They are strong and beautiful. See it’s all about perspective. You are fearfully and wonderfully made sweet one❤️